Summer Berry Parfait
Looking for a simple, colorful, light dish for that upcoming summer party or barbecue? Look no further than our Summer Berry Parfait! Using the topping from our Banoffee Pie recipe, you can forget about store-bought Cool-Whip and whipped cream in a can, replacing them with a healthier, dairy-free, protein-packed alternative that children and adults alike will love to devour – guilt-free!
- Berries of varying colors
- Whipped topping (see below)
Whipped Topping Ingredients:
- 2 cups raw cashews (no salt, unroasted), preferable soaked for approx. 2-4 hr
- 1 cup fresh Thai young coconut meat (or 1 additional cup of raw cashews)
- Scrapings of 1 vanilla bean, or 2 tsp non-alcohol vanilla extract
- 2 tbs agave nectar, raw honey, or yacon syrup
- 1 tsp sunflower or soy lecithin (optional)
- Coconut water or filtered water, as needed to blend, approx. 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
Whipped Topping Instructions:
Place all ingredients except the coconut oil into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth (adding the coconut water or filtered water to help blend, only if necessary – you do not want the cream to become too thin). Add the coconut oil and blend again until well-mixed. Topping can be chilled to increase thickness, if necessary.
Layer berries and whipped topping in a clear bowl, serving dish or glass. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for 2-4 hr and served chilled. Will keep for 2-4 days.